Eco-Skills Academy Bursary Scheme
SANCCOB’s Eco-Skills Academy is committed to providing training that sets people up for successful careers in the environmental/green sector in Southern Africa.
Applicants can apply for bursaries for the following CATHSSETA accredited course offered by SANCCOB:
• Handling and feeding seabirds – NQF Level 2 – 28 Credits – Read more about this course
Bursaries are aimed at individuals working with penguins and other seabirds i.e. Cormorants, Gulls and Cape Gannets in Southern Africa, who wish to formalize their training: These may include conservation officers, community conservation officers, fishing industry employees, zoo and aquarium employees, bird guides, volunteers with a working knowledge of species care, any individual working in the environmental skills sector, students and graduates in the animal, veterinary sciences fields.
SANCCOB, Table View
4-14 March 2013
16-26 July 2013
3-12 September 2013
Bursaries will cover
Course fees, subsidized travel, accommodation and meals, all course material, assessment, certification.
Successful candidates will be required to sign a contract committing to attending all course days, submitting assignments for assessment, completing the workplace section failing which they will be required to refund all or part of the bursary.
Please submit a 1 page motivation letter in application for this bursary. The motivation must cover:
• What are you currently doing to promote the conservation of Southern Africa’s seabirds?
• How do you think this certificate will help you in your future work?
• How will this certificate help you in creating a better tomorrow?
Your application form can be submitted in the following ways
• Fax – 021 557 8804 – For attention: Head: Training and Education
• Post – SANCCOB, P.O. Box 11116, Bloubergrant, 7443