SANCCOB seeks to employ a full-time Fundraiser in the Resource Development department and based at the Table View centre in the Western Cape. The purpose of the position is to facilitate relationships between supporters and seabird conservation projects and programmes; to present the organisation’s projects to existing and potential funders; to co-develop and implement concepts to raise the actual funds to cover the costs of the projects and programmes for SANCCOB in the Western Cape and Eastern Cape.
The emphasis for this fundraising position is to develop and manage an individual giving programme for SANCCOB. Are you the right candidate with a can-do attitude and committed to communicating environmental sustainability to our audiences to strengthen the organisation’s resources.
The individual tasks and responsibilities of the post entail:
- Development and management of an individual giving programme for existing individual donors, as well as acquisition of new donors informed by research
- Stewardship of individual donors (mostly per email but also face-to-face)
- Plan and implement an alumni and brand ambassador’s programme
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of all donor interactions via the organisation’s database management system (DevMan) and the ability to analyse giving of individuals
- Presentation of projects and programmes to potential funders
- Retention and further development of regular giving
- Managements of Bequest Programme, which may include liaison with estate executors
- Maintaining the SANCCOB membership programme and promote the growth of the adoption programme
- Securing gifts in-kind for the various programme and projects
- Management of 3rd party fundraising platforms and events such as GivenGain, the Two Oceans Marathon, MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet, or events where SANCCOB is nominated as a beneficiary
- Management of off-site collection donations through the coordination of volunteers
- Assist with fundraising and marketing events
We, at SANCCOB, need a team player that:
- has the ability to work independently
- has had at least 3 years of experience in a sales or fundraising environment and a tertiary qualification in the fields of Development studies, Fundraising, Marketing, International Relations, Communication, Social Sciences or other related fields will be advantageous
- has an articulate ability to present a concept in such a way that the listener/reader is motivated to participate as a giver or volunteer
- has effective communication skills, as evidenced in the construction and presentation of their own personal CV and letter of motivation
- is result driven in a team environment, innovative, passionate and someone that shows commitment to the team and the cause
- is financially literate, and comfortable to work with budgets and present financial information
- is people-oriented, understands people and feels comfortable cultivating and managing relationships
Interested candidates that meet the above requirements can send their letter of motivation and a detailed CV with a minimum of three references to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 10 June 2019
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.