We are looking for an Accounting Intern to join our dynamic team in Table View, Cape Town for a period of one year. The Accounting Intern will be responsible for assisting the Accountant with the group finance portfolio and will report to the Accountant of SANCCOB.
- Update bill and bank statement templates accurately, as per supporting documentation provided.
- Review supplier, petty cash and other documentation, in line with internal company controls and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Process information directly onto the accounting system, Xero (should this be required).
- Process information within the point of sale and stock system, VEND (should this be required).
- Follow up on supplier invoices and statements, as and when required.
- Assist with reconciliations (suppliers, customers and other)
- Assist with VAT and supporting document review, as and when required.
- Assist and support the Procurement Officer with all procurement-related functions, as and when required
- Assist and support the Business Manager with all business and administrative functions, as and when required.
- Provide general support to the Administration department.
- Assist with stock review and control, as and when required.
- Other Ad Hoc duties, as and when required.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Diploma or Degree in Financial Accounting with a strong understanding of accounting principles.
- At least one year’s experience as a bookkeeper or assistant bookkeeper.
- Financial experience within the non-profit sector would be beneficial.
- Willingness to learn and grow and should be ethical, accountable and responsible, with a strong work ethos.
- Ability to develop written content and should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and be able to adhere to deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to work as part of a team and also individually, and should be proactive.
- A clear criminal and credit record.
Please send your CV (max. 3 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention of the Accountant to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 23 January 2018
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.