SANCCOB seeks a Data Administrator to manage and maintain its donor database, to be based at the organisation’s Cape Town facility in Table View. The primary focus and responsibility in this position is to promptly and accurately record stakeholder details, capture and allocate donor funding, and provide the necessary administration support within SANCCOB’s Marketing and Fundraising Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain donor database by recording details of stakeholders such as funders, suppliers, visitors, schools and event supporters. SANCCOB uses DevMan to record data.
- Efficiently record the receipt and allocation of donations in cash or in kind and promptly issue letters of thanks, receipts and Section 18A tax certificates (according to regulations for Public Benefit Organisations determined by SARS).
- Respond to donor queries via email and telephone calls.
- Administration of the adoption programmes, which includes capturing photos of seabird patients, sourcing bird information, creation of templates, and daily liaison and query facilitation with adopters.
- Support the Marketing and Fundraising Department with administration of fundraising initiatives, including monitoring of gifts-in-kind, support with design work and social media assistance to gather content and post accurate information timeously via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ad hoc duties at the SANCCOB centre as required to support centre operations.
Requirements and Competencies
- Matric qualification
- Minimum 3 years working experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic financial literacy
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical competencies
- Emotional intelligence, including strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness
- Work experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; also evidenced in the construction and presentation of their own personal CV and letter of motivation
- A strong command of English as a working language is essential
- Valid Code 8 drivers licence
- Experience in data capturing and CRM advantageous
- Ability to plan your own day to ensure deadlines and targets are met
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team but also to execute work independently and take the initiative when required
- Preferably bilingual but not essential.
Please send CV and a letter of motivation (max. 3 pages) to Ronnis Daniels firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 22 January 2021.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.