SANCCOB is seeking a Fundraiser to facilitate the relationship between our supporters and our projects. The primary focus and responsibility is to present the organisation’s projects to funders and potential funders, through a series of proposals and feedback reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Through research, identify individuals and organisations who support the organisation’s mission of rescue, rehabilitation and release of sea birds as well as the associated conservation projects, education campaigns and research
- Match and present suitable projects to these supporters, based on their field of interest and funding guidelines
- Engage with supporters and funders through descriptive report writing and onsite visits
- Seek out relationships with suppliers to secure gift-in-kind donations
- Promote SANCCOB as a worthy recipient of bequests and liaise with estate executors
- Effectively explain SANCCOB’s vision, projects, fundraising goals and impact in a style that is motivating and easy to understand
- Results driven.
- Financial literacy. Comfortable to work with budgets and present financials as a critical component of a proposal and feedback report.
- Relationship oriented. Understands people and feels comfortable cultivating and managing relationships
- Collaborator and connector. Facilitates meaningful engagement
- Articulate. Able to present a concept in such a way that the listener/reader is motivated to participate
Experience and qualifications
- Previous exposure to a sales or fundraising environment
- Excellent communication skills, as evidenced in the construction and presentation of their own personal CV and letter of motivation
- Results driven, innovative, passionate and committed
Please forward CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 11 May 2018. Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.