SANCCOB, an internationally recognised seabird conservation organisation is seeking to employ a Veterinary Nurse to join their Port Elizabeth team on a full-time basis. The purpose of this position is to provide specialist, veterinary nursing care, as well as continued support to seabirds undergoing rehabilitation for release in Cape Recife, Port Elizabeth (Eastern Cape).
- Reporting directly to the Eastern Cape Manager and under the supervision of the Cape Town Veterinarian, oversee all rehabilitation and veterinary activities at the Port Elizabeth facility and to ensure that protocols and standards are maintained at the highest level
- Daily care and treatment of different types of seabirds of all ages including after hours on-call duty and general rehabilitation
- Cleaning of bird enclosures, pools and the maintenance of the facility
- Training and supervision of volunteers
- Assisting with conducting tours with visitors around the facility
The successful candidate will be a team player who is physically fit, hard-working, dedicated, self-motivated and has a love of seabirds and conservation, with a personable, caring and compassionate nature. The successful person should be comfortable working long hours, including over weekends and public holidays, and in all-weather conditions.
Minimum requirements for position:
- A Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent qualification) and registration with the South African Veterinary Council is essential
- Demonstrable experience managing small teams and/or volunteers will be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in writing reports, project proposals and articles will be advantageous
- A valid driver’s licence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programmes
Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max. 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to Stacey Webb at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 15 May 2019 by 17h00.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.